FancyHat 2.0 Fez is out now!
You can play it here: http://www.bobmania.com/FancyHat%20Site/Fancy.html
Here’s what we added in this update:
- NEW! Level 4!
- NEW! You can now go to other worlds! Go into world select and then once you’ve finished world 1 you can click “Choose a World” inside of world select and choose a different world to go to
- NEW! World 2!
- NEW! Level 1 in world 2!
- NEW! Level 2 in world 2!
- NEW! High-score boards! Compete against other players to be #1!
- NEW! Some cut-scenes have been added, more coming in the next update!
- NEW! As you go on to other worlds, you meet alien races!
- Major physics and momentum improvements
- New menu look
- New menu music
- The helicopter part in world 1 level 3 is now much harder
- Updated credits
- Updated run animation
- Updated the skidding animation
- Updated world 1 level 2
- More coins in all levels now
- No more wall jump glitches – Wall jumps are working great now
- Fixed glitches with enemies
- The lag has been EXTEEERMIIIINNNAAATEEEDDD!!!
- What? Penguins can fly?
Sorry for no updates on anything lately, I’ve been working on a massive update for FancyHat 2.0!
In FancyHat 2.0, Fez, it’s going to include just some of these awesome features:
- Leaderboards! Compete against friends and try to get the highest score.
- Travel to other planets!
- New levels! Level 4, and levels for other planets.
- New awesome menu background, new menu music to fit the other planets theme, and the new “Choose a World” button, with an awesome top-down map to other planets.
- The whole game works smoother, no more wall jump glitches, if you run off a hill slanted upward, you’ll run off with momentum.
- More challenging! The helicopter chase is now way harder, everything moves faster.
- Awesome physics touch ups to make the game so much more fun, and feel less chunky.
- Meet alien races on other planets!
Those are just a few of the things I’m adding to the game, much more great stuff is coming!
If you have more ideas of what I can add, I’d be happy to hear what you’d like in it!
Fancy Hat 1.9 is out now! Also you can now play Fancy Hat on the desktop, if you want to get it you can click here.
Or, if you’d still like to play it online, you can also click here!
Here’s a list of what’s new in 1.9:
* NEW! Along with this awesome update, you can now play FancyHat on the desktop!
* NEW! An all new parallax background!
* NEW! Hang on to ledges! Get next to an edge an press down to climb down it.
* NEW! Backflips! Jump up and start going the opposite direction to do a backflip!
* NEW! Pixel-percise player rotation on the ground galore! (seriously, there isnt a way to explain it, just play it!)
* Many momentum and gravity bugs fixed
* Level 1 has a new background!
* Minor changes to level 2
* Minor changes to level 1
* More player animations!
* Better collision detection with bats, and the pencil enemy.
* New music in level 1
* Improved the bats animations (again)
* Fixed saving glitches (AGAIN)
* Level 3′s lag has been EXTERMINATTEEED! EXTERMINATE! EXTERMINATE!
* The whole game is loaded before you play it, so no more white-screens!
* The whole game is in 1 file now, plus compressed the music; So the whole game went from over 40MB to 5MB! No exageration, so not only no white-screens but also lightning fast initial load time!
* An improved wall sliding animation.
* Changed score text fonts.
I’m working on the Fancy Hat Adventures 1.9!
But what do you want in it? New enemies? Better physics? New level designs?
Go ahead and comment below and tell me what you think should be in 1.9!
Things that have already been added to the upcoming 1.9:
Bouncy pads! (Like springs, but much funner)
Better animations, for bats, the player, and more.
Better collision detection for bats, you don’t get stuck in the endless loop as much, and other.
Either in 1.9 or 2.0 there might be online play! Ex: If your on online mode (optional), each level could have 2 players. Later as I get more understanding about all the online stuff people could create rooms, so the levels don’t get full too quick.
After a long time with no updates, the Fancy Hat Adventures is now back with a new update!
Here’s a list of things we added in 1.8: (or, if you don’t really care and just want to play it, click here)
Fancy Hat 1.8 “Top-Hat”
- NEW! A “what’s new” button in the top right corner of the menu
- Many momentum and gravity bugs fixed
- Level 1 expanded
- Minor changes to level 2
- Yet again, more animations for the player
- Changed fonts on the menu
- New music in level 1
- Improved the bats animations
- Fixed saving glitches
- Fixed spikes
- Better spring animations
- Fixed glitch with springs where you only bounced on them sometimes
- Fixed glitch with springs where you bounced even if you didn’t land on it
- Level 3 is now less laggy, still laggy but at least less
- New speech bubbles for signs
- Signs are now a different color
- Signs are now animated
If you find any bugs or got an idea for what should be in 1.9, you can talk about it here: http://bobmania.com/forums/forum/the-fancy-hat-adventures/
The long awaited iOS7 is finally out! But should you get it?
In this article we’re going to be looking over some of the pros and cons of iOS7.
- The new control center makes it easy to change brightness, sound, wifi, and more.
- You can now do a small swipe from the top to bring down a search, which is more convenient then the old search page at the start, Useful if you have lots of pages of apps.
- The built-in camera app is now a lot easier to use. Before an annoying shutter graphic would close whenever you took a picture, keeping you from taking more for 1-2 seconds. Now there’s just a little flash, so you can keep taking pictures! Hazar!
- Siri is now a whole lot better. Siri responds quicker, and also doesn’t mess up as much as the one in iOS6.
- New features with backgrounds, like the Dynamic Backgrounds. They move around with the screen a little bit.
- Coming soon is a feature for Siri, Maps, Messages, and more to work with certain cars!
- Apps like iMovie, Garageband and others are now free on the App Store!
- When trying to use the new Dynamic Backgrounds, my iPad crashed! Also even when changing backgrounds to normal pictures I am noticing a lot of lag.
- The folders are just a plain blue rectangle… Kind of annoying.
- With a control center, a notification center and a search activated by swipes playing a game like fruit ninja will be very irritating.
- When opening a folder it zooms in and shows a square with your apps, and doesn’t fill the screen like the folders in iOS6, and feels pretty squished.
- The built-in note app is completely redesigned, and looks ugly.
So should you get iOS7? Well, if you can deal with a few glitches / you don’t really care if your iPad crashes now and then, then you’ll probably like the new iOS. But if you’re not a big fan of flat designs, and you’d rather use a perfected iOS6 then a work-in-progress iOS7, then you’re probably going to want to stick with iOS6.
What are your thoughts on iOS7? Comment below!
After a long time of the Fancy Hat Adventures being down, it’s finally back!
You can play it here:
There is also now a forum section for the game! You can get to it with this link: http://bobmania.com/forums/forum/the-fancy-hat-adventures/
A lot of people have been asking “Why isn’t The Fancy Hat Adventures up yet?”…
Well, to be honest, we don’t really have a good reason.
Just kidding. We wanted to create a sub-domain for The Fancy Hat Adventures (different look and layout, and the link would be “fancyhat.bobmania.com” instead of bobmania.com/fancyhat) and why we wanted to do that is because:
1: It looks better.
2: The only way we can get Fancy Hat Adventures to work on the new WordPress site.
So stay tuned because The Fancy Hat Adventures is coming back very soon!